Here is a simple and very much appreciated way you can help our students get a great start on school in August! Donate a book bag filled with supplies (check our list) to the University City Connect Book Bag Drive, taking place June 1-8. Click for all the details!
The University City Connect Book Bag Drive seeks bags and school supplies for children attending eight elementary, middle and high schools that serve University City.
Taking part in the Book Bag Drive is as simple as 1-2-3-4.
- Buy a new book bag (sized for the age of the student you want to help).
- Fill it with the supplies listed below.
- Bring your bag to the Camino Community Center at 201 Stetson Drive for distribution at its Back-to-School Fair. Directions to Camino Center
- Repeat, or get friends at your business, community group or religious organization to join in, as well.
If you have a large number of book bags to donate, contact Janelle Goodrich at University City Partners to arrange for someone to pick up your book bags. Reach Janelle at email@example.com.
Students receiving the bags attend the following schools:
- Elementary: Hidden Valley, Nathaniel Alexander, Newell, University Meadows
- K-8: John Morehead STEM Academy
- Middle: James Martin, Martin Luther King
- High: Vance.
Fill your book bag with the following supplies:
- One-subject notebooks
- Composition books
- Pencil sharpeners
- Pocket folders
- Colored Pencils
- Filler paper
- Glue sticks