The Governors Village schools always have many ways that businesses, religious organizations, community groups and individuals – like you! – can make a difference in our students’s learning.
North Star Reading Buddies – All of our Governors Village schools need reading buddies to support literacy improvement. Volunteers are provided an orientation to the program plus materials. Students benefit most when volunteers can spend an hour with them weekly. Volunteers can pair with another volunteer to share the time, AND volunteer hours are very flexible. LEARN MORE.
Additional needs – Specific school needs range from help reseeding the Vance High football field (Go Cougars!) to providing help with Teacher Appreciation events. CLICK HERE for details.
Specific needs by school
- Air-conditioning unit for gym
- Reseeding of football field
- Marching band uniforms
- Student internships
- Scholarship assistance
James Martin Middle School
- Aluminum bleachers
- Microphone system
- Projector for large-group presentations
- Technology (tablets) for students
- Field-trip resources and locations
- Teacher Appreciation support
• Article by Meredith Avant – Meredith is a UNC Charlotte senior majoring in communications with a concentration in public relations.